Sunday, May 15, 2011

Struggling!

Man, I've been struggling. I can't seem to get a whole lot done these days. I've been getting tired pretty easily, so I don't get as much accomplished in a day. I've not been so good in the blogging/photography department either. Here is a little recap of the last two weeks:

Random I Pod picture. I love the green grass, but Eva is wearing warm clothes. Seriously, what happened to Spring this year? COLD!!!


Field Trip at Wheeler Farm


Another  great win by the Silver Bullets! I think JJ scored 2 points!


Cinco De Mayo at the Dentist! JJ and I were scheduled for a cleaning. Eva was just along for the ride, she was going to do a happy visit, so she can get used to the idea. No need! She let Chelsea (the hygienist) clean her teeth!!! She later told me how pretty Chelsea is, and that she thinks she's a princess.


For mother's day I put together this frame for Shauna, I took a picture of it, so Ryan and Jessica could get a glimpse at the final product. I think it turned out really cute (just ignore the glare!)


Mother's Day dinner at my Mom's house. After a few, not so subtle hints the guys all got to work cleaning up the kitchen. My sister Kelly thought it was so cute, she had to take a picture of it. They are the only pictures from the day. Next year I want to remember to get a picture with me and the kiddos. After all it is a day honoring motherhood.


After much anticipation we got our swing set put up. JJ loves, loves, loves the swing. Eva loves it too, when she gets a chance to swing on it. She always plays on the glider.


WARNING!!!
(another soap box moment)
This week the Silver Bullets suffered their first loss. Although I don't think it was such a loss, I got the opportunity to talk to JJ about sportsmanship and such. After the game a Mom from the opposing team came and talked to me. Her daughter was on JJ's team last season. The first thing she said was, "I miss our little team from last year." This year she put her daughter on a team with kids from their private school (I will not mention the name), on their team they have two giants, which she admitted are a year older. In addition to the fact that these boys are a full foot taller than the rest of the players, their coach had one in at all times. I thought it was sad that they cared so much about winning. They didn't just win, they clobbered our team, like 14-2. You would think after the first 6 points you could let your star players sit, but no. JJ's little friend from last year played all of 5 minutes. And another girl on their team played goalie once, she was never on the field. This is PRE-K soccer people. 
Yes, I get excited when JJ scores, and I like to post how he does, but his success is not at the expense on another team mate. At this age it's about getting the kids involved, not teaching them to cream their opponents. 


On a brighter note,  here is my little cheerleader Eva!!! She loves cheering on JJ with me!


Yesterday we went on our first official bike ride of the year. We ended up stopping at three different parks. I captured JJ on the climbing wall, and Eva doing tricks on the grass!

This  rail road track runs parallel with the bike trail, it has obviously not been used for a long time. So we were letting the kids play by it. Then a light bulb went off, it said go take some pictures. How stinking cute are my kiddos!!! Love em to pieces!


Had no idea that the kids had taken this picture, until I downloaded it. Busted with my I Pod again!!!

No comments: