Monday, August 1, 2011

Intoducing Cy Howard Pratt

Welcome Baby Cy!!! We are so excited to have Cy in the family. Cy Howard Pratt was born at 10:43 am on Thursday July 28, 2011. Coming in at 8 lb. 10 oz. 22 1/2 inches long. I was in labor for about 36 hours, but Cy was by far the easiest birth. I started labor late Tuesday night, continued to labor all of Wednesday. Thursday I was scheduled to be induced and I was supposed to get a call between 5:00 and 10:00 to go in. At about 4:00 I woke Spencer up to take me in. I couldn't wait any more. By the time we got to the hospital my contractions were 5 minutes apart. After 30 hours of labor I was only a 2!!! Aaaahhhhh!!!!! So I promptly got pitocin and the epidural and let modern medicine work it's miracle. Between 9 am and 10 I went from a 3 to 9 1/2, that is a record for me! After a few good pushes Cy was born at 10:43! And what a healthy guy he is, the first thing I noticed was his cheeks! The nurse that weighed him commented on his big thighs. We are just so blessed that he is healthy!
The  Welcoming Committee:
Dr Froerer, Daddy, L&D Nurse, & Mom

Our BIG Boy! 8 lb 10.3 oz

We  love you Cy!!!

The Whole Family!!!

One proud Big Brother, and one proud Big Sister!!!

Homeward Bound!

Nap time with Mom!!!

2 comments:

Molly said...

Cy is so CUTE!!! Congratulations. 36 hours of labor doesn't sound easy, but glad things turned out so well. Jill's birthday is the 28th as well! Congrats you guys!!

Jessica said...

Awwww...what a cutie! Congratulations again!