Monday, July 25, 2011

Family Time!

The last couple weeks we had the chance to spend lots of time with our family. Whether it was at the family reunion, hanging out with cousins while I had a doctors appointments, or the four of us just enjoying the view from out porch.
The last couple of weeks have been really hot, and I can't say that I enjoy going outside. We've had so many landscapers and such at our house, which also makes me want to avoid going outside. But we have enjoyed sunsets, rainstorms, and cooler temperatures in the evenings. JJ wanted me to get of picture of this sunset.

Cousins hanging out at the Bywater Family Reunion. The kids had a great time playing with each other, and Spencer and I enjoyed catching up with my cousins!

Grandma Julia had a lot of fun things planned for the reunion, crafts, games, and prizes. Eva really loved the squirt gun fight!!! She loved getting people, and would giggle when she got wet!

Hangin' out in the tent. Spencer and JJ went on a hike at about 4:30 in the morning, so it was just us girls!

One of the prizes Grandma had was this bow and arrow set. JJ tried to make a quiver out of paper (didn't work so well), so naturally I pulled out my craft supplies and got to work. JJ loves it!!!

JJ and his cousins have Art in the Park once a week. The projects have been a lot of fun, and the kids have had a blast playing together after!

We went to the Expo Center to preview the floats, the kids had a fun time!

Someone ran into our van a couple of months ago, we finally got things settled, and the van is now in the shop. The rental car is a Dodge Nitro. The kids think it's great going off road. So Spencer and I decided go for a drive on Guardsman's Pass. The views are just spectacular!!! 
Funny thing about the rental. Spencer said, "I'll be waiting in the truck." Eva said, "It's not a truck." so I asked her what it was, and she told me very confidently that it's a, "4X4". Well, what could I say, she was right!

We went as a family to Build-A-Bear. The kids had never been, and we decided this would be a good baby's coming gift. They love their bears!

Happy Pioneer Day!
Fireworks at Grandma Julia's house. Almost all the cousins were there. Our baby will be the 21st grandchild for my Mom. If nothing happens this week I will be induced on Thursday, and BOY am I ready!!!

No comments: