Sunday, July 3, 2011

Business mixed with pleasure...

We have been very busy at our house. We've been working on some major organization projects. Cleaning closets, building storage shelves, ect. Amongst all the work we've tried to squeeze in some fun.
The kiddos enjoyed running in the sprinklers

Heading home one evening, I had to stop to get pics of the sunset. The picture doesn't quite deliver the whole picture. Sunset, valley view, and the little yellow flowers on all the greenery, it was so pretty!!!

We had gone swimming with cousins, and I was dying for a shower, so the kids got to take a bath in the "Jets" while I showered (no worries, I can see them the whole time). Taking a bath in the "jets" is a special treat, they especially like making tons of bubbles!

Last Saturday we spent the afternoon at the Cottonwood Heights Pool, then we took a drive to Oakley. Spencer's Grandma Rosemary had a cabin up there, so he spent a lot of time up there in his childhood. He loves to visit, especially when the rivers are raging. Here we stopped at Smith & Morehouse. JJ told me he really liked that he was able to see what a real flood looked like. There are flood planes everywhere, and there are many cabins in flood waters.

Sunday we celebrated June/July birthdays with my family. 
Happy Birthday to William, Cambria, Eva, and Marc.

Monday night we spent some family time at the tennis courts. I think JJ's hand eye coordination is awesome for a 5 year old!!!

We have long awaited for landscapers to start working on our yard. We have many projects going on, but this by far will be our biggest transformation. I will post the "After" shot when it's complete.

With all the workers outside we've been working inside. This pile is 5 years of boy clothes, and 3 years of girl clothes. I think this project took 3 days, I folded and sorted into size and gender everything! I think we ended up with a dozen bins. Yikes!

After all the projects going on at home, I just needed to get out of the house. Friday morning Kristin text me to see if she could bring Eva's birthday gift over, instead I invited her to join us at the aquarium. We are grateful that they could join us! We enjoyed spending the day with the girls!

No comments: