Friday, January 20, 2012

Be Positive, Dont Compare, Complain, Criticize, or Blame.


Last year for family home evening we tried to focus on some areas we felt our family could improve on. Our main focus was to be positive, don't compare, don't complain, don't criticize, don't blame. While trying to teach the kids these things it has definitely helped us become more self aware. I think it's good to look at your self and find areas that you might improve on. Why am I telling you this? Well I really what my kids to know what a good example their Dad is!!! On Spencer's birthday we dropped the kids off at my Mom's and we went to the Red Iguana for dinner. We were having a great time, until I made a wrong turn and ended up jumping the van over 3 sets of rail road tracks- think bucking bronco and you get the idea. Unfortunately the van got some major damage, transmission, radiator, ect. Needless to say it cost a lot of money to have repaired. Through this whole experience Spencer DID NOT complain, he DID NOT blame, and he "practiced what he preaches", that PEOPLE ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN THINGS! I'm emotional just writing about it. I've kind of had a roller coaster of emotions, first I was sad, I cried. Then I got mad (we went back in the day, the road is torn up, it clearly happens often, and why haven't those idiots done something about it. Put up a blinking light for heavens sake!). Finally I now feel really grateful, so grateful for Spencer and his example! Thank you for being a great example! Love you Spencer!!!

Spencer being serenaded at Red Iguana

The tracks must really be seen in person to properly evaluate the situation.

No comments: