Friday, December 30, 2011

Year in Review

First of all, I hope you had a very Merry Christmas. I know we did, this time of year is so exciting: Parties, Birthdays, Christmas. The only down side, we got sick! On the bright side, I don't feel like doing much, so I thought it would be a good opportunity to catch up on the blog.
Every year I make a photo calender of the previous year. I picked up the calendar the other day, and Spencer commented on how much fun we had this year. Spencer felt that after Cy was born, and especially with his shoulder surgery we have been more limited on our adventures, but looking back on the year we did have a great year!!!
 Spencer and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary this year. Since my due date was just before our anniversary we decided to take a trip early in the year. We went on a cruise to the Bahamas. We also went to Hawaii with Glen and Maryann. In June we were able to go to Lake Powell as a family. I am thankful that we were able to get our backyard done this year. The kids love their swing set, and I love that we have a fence! Spencer had shoulder surgery this year, and is on the mend. I recently celebrated my 32nd birthday. AAAAHH!!!!

JJ just turned 6!!! This has been a great year for him! He started Kindergarten this year. He is a great reader, and is rapidly becoming a mathematician. JJ played soccer in the spring and fall, and is currently in gymnastics. He enjoys playing legos, basketball, soccer, and flying his helicopter (thanks uncle Jeff). JJ, is sitting next to me, and he asked that I write that he was not on the naughty list!!! Santa was good to him, he got two basketball hoops! Full court in our front room, I'm convinced that we will never have furniture in there, or else the kids will be SAD, it is our multipurpose room! For JJ and my birthday we got skis! We were able to go on Christmas Eve with cousins, and the 23rd just the two of us, we ran into Mr. C. on the slopes, pretty cool!






Eva had a great year! She turned 3, became a big sister, started preschool, and started ballet lessons. Eva had her first recital two weeks ago. Eva usually plays what JJ wants to play, but for Christmas we got a bunch of dress ups and girly things, it has been fun to see her gain some individuality, she had been practically living in her Snow White dress up!








Cy is ever the model baby! He is a great sleeper, and not the least bit fussy! He broke his first tooth a few weeks ago. He likes to grab his feet and roll to one side or the other, but hasn't rolled over yet. Cy has enjoyed eating solid foods. He really enjoys being talked to, he smiles, and laughs with out any ceremony. He recently has taken a liking to his thumb :).
Oh, and his is OBSESSED with my iPod!




We have had such a great year! We hope that the next will be just the same! Happy New Year!!!

No comments: