Thursday, May 24, 2012

New York!!!!

Spencer sent me an email one day entitled, "CONGRATULATIONS!!! You're finally going to NYC!" Now you must know I've wanted to go to NYC for a long, long time. I was totally jealous of Spencer when he went there about 6 month ago for work. Well, when Spencer sent me this email I was soooo excited, but the best part... Spencer won the American Express President's Enterprise Growth Award, and they sent Spencer and I out there for free!!! I am so proud of Spencer, he has almost been at American Express for a year, and he's already kicking butt!!!
We had tons of fun in New York! We got to stay at the Ritz Carlton in Battery Park, the Statue of Liberty was right outside our window. On the day of the awards presentation we went to lunch on the 50th floor of the Amex building, we had a wonderful lunch, the view from the tower was cool, you could look across the street at the World Trade Center Memorial, we also saw it up close. After lunch they took us to see the Broadway show, How to succeed in business without really trying, it was a great show! To finish off the day we had a party/dinner at the Ritz, it felt like we were royalty for the day!
 
The rest of our trip was all play. We went to the Empire State Building, Times Square, Central Park, The David Letterman Show, and Wicked on Broadway. We had a great time, but we sure missed the kids, thanks to Grandma Shauna, who had lots of kids at her house, and also to Grandma Julia!

1 comment:

Molly said...

oh...I'm so jealous!! We're only a 14 hour drive from NYC but who knows if we'll make it there! I need a babysitter and a free trip too! haha