Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!

I hope you all had a Happy New Year! New Years Eve we dropped by the hospital on our way to our New Years Eve Party. We went to welcome the newest member of the Pratt family. Kris delivered not so little Baby Avery into the world around noon. Avery was not so little because she weighs 9 lbs. Way to go Kris!!! After we went to my brother's house. We had tons of fun. We didn't expect to stay til midnight- but we did. We even went out and banged on pots and pans.
This week has been nice, because Spencer has been home a lot. We've really been enjoying time together.

So JJ just turned three, and for the last two months we have been preparing him for operation No more thumb. He was a serisous thumb sucker. Well we kept telling him that when he turned three he was a big boy and he can't suck his thumb anymore. Well it worked. He has obviously thought about it a lot. Sunday we sat down to read a book, he was about to put his thumb in his mouth, but instead he reached his arm around Eva and said, "I'm three years old now Mom". Spencer came in a snapped a pic. I got thinking about how he used to ask can I suck my thumb and twirl my hair. I thought it was cute. He always had a funny turkey tail going on. So I frantically looked for a picture documenting this, and luckily I have one. I know it may sound silly, but I thought it was so cute. However we had to put an end to it... and so it is done.



Here is a picture of our little guys imagination at work. He was pretending to be a scuba diver- I know it looks like he should be skiing, but he's got a mind of his own!


No comments: