Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Prepare for rapids


This is JJ's mean captain's face.




Saturday Spencer, JJ, Eva, Grandma Shauna, Uncle Jeff and I went river rafting on the Provo river. I was really nervous to take the kids, but we had heard that it is perfect for families. So True!!! We had so much fun, even Eva loved it, once we got on, she hated being held with the life jacket on. JJ was our "captain", and would give us orders as needed like, "prepare for rapids". The "rapids" on that section of the Provo River are about as bad as when the kids splash in the bath tub. It was fun spending the day with Grandma and Uncle Jeff!
This morning I took JJ to a meet and greet at Preschool, he is so excited!!! It is a little bitter sweet, I'll have a few hours to get stuff done without the kids, (hopefully Eva will nap while JJ is at school) but it's a sign of JJ growing up. Oh Boy, it has happened too quickly. Next week my Nephew is off to BYU Idaho- Aaaahhh! He's not old enough for college, is he? My little Eva is not so little any more, she is running around these days, she went straight from crawling to running. Crazy! Last night I was getting the kids in their jammies, and Eva grabs JJ by the shirt and pulling him in for a hug, it was soooo cute!!! Eva also loves giving kisses. I think she is a lot happier these days with her Independence, she's not always at my side. The other day when Spencer walked out of the room she followed him crying, it made me so happy that it wasn't me that time! Maybe someday she'll be a Daddy's girl, well I'm hoping at least! :)
OK, these thought were really random, but I'm going to leave them as such.

3 comments:

Molly said...

How fun to see Provo Canyon! It is a fun river to tube down. We would always go for youth activities. Glad you guys enjoyed it - although, it looked like a cold day? Probably wasn't, but anything grey, looks cold. haha

Highlights said...

So Fun--I'd love to do that with my kids! Maybe next year...

Pratt Fam said...

Molly, it was a perfect day. I was actually grafeful for the cloud coverage.
We'de love to do it again with you next year Ade.