Thursday, July 29, 2010

Pioneers, Parade, and a Picnic

Last week we celebrated Pioneer Day, we had a great time at the Buttlerville Days. We went swimming all afternoon, then went to the parade. After a dinner break we went back to play on the bounce houses, the kids got their face painted and got balloon creations. The night ended with Fireworks of course, we had a great time! In keeping with the pioneer theme, I hosted Book Club at my house. The book this month was Fire of the Covenant. It is historical fiction about the Willie and Martin handcart companies, it's a good book, gave me a better appreciation for the pioneers.
We are grateful that Jason and Kris had us over for a picnic on Sunday. I was excited to see Sarah's ring, that's right if you hadn't heard Jeff and Sarah are getting hitched! I wish I got a picture of them or the ring, but I didn't. Congratulations Jeff and Sarah!!!

POTD:

JJ would not do many art projects at school, his teacher encouraged us to work on projects at home over the summer. I don't think he likes getting messy, but he seems to be enjoying it more. 


The cousins waiting for the parade to start. The kids got tons of candy, and had a blast.


A yard in the neighborhood that we often walk by, it's so beautiful!


JJ, Elli, and their sand art from Art in the Park!


My cute little family got kicked out of the house for book club, they didn't go far though, they had a picnic in the back yard. After dinner they went grasshopper hunting. They caught about 20 grasshoppers, 4 praying mantis, and 4 potato bugs. This year JJ has become quite the bug catcher. We started catching them for the lizards, but now he just does it for fun. BTW- one lizard died, broke JJ's heart, and the other one escaped into the cool air intake- I tried to catch it but I failed. :(


At Grandma Julia's house


I love this picture. This was from our walk tonight. My boys admiring the view.

No comments: