Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Whines

We go for a bike ride, he whines. We go fun places with cousins, he whines. He gets to be in a parade, he whines. Now it's my time to whine. Is it a stage, or am I doing something wrong? JJ has been super whiny lately, and I'm sick of it. He doesn't get his way when he whines, sometimes his whining lands him in time out, yet he still whines. Any advice?

So this week was a lot of fun, JJ and I got to ride on a "float" in the Draper Parade, it was for his Preschool. Of course we got to go to fireworks, which is always fun. On Wednesday we had our cousin's play date at This is the Place Heritage Park. Did you know they have $2 admission on Wed.? It's $2/person to get in, and you get to do three activities for free. The kids got to go on a pony ride, a train ride, stamp leather, and make a candle. We had a lot of fun, but decided we will go again in the fall, it was HOT!!!
Grandpa Del gave JJ this "hat" after the parade. There are no picture from the parade. 
(Cough (Spencer) cough)
Picked up a new bubble gun, man I love bubble guns. I don't know why, but I stink at blowing bubbles.
This was a fun crib moment this week. We had a real stinker this week. Yesterday I had put Eva down for a nap, I heard her talking and talking, for some reason she just wouldn't go to sleep, so I went in and what did I see? POOP. The little stinker had wiped it everywhere- EEEWWWWW!!! Man that was one of the best Mommy moments.
Kiddos in front of a monument for the handcart companies. I just read The Fire and The Covenant, it's based on the Willie and Martin Handcart Companies, I really enjoyed it.
Two of my neighbors had a baby this month. I made them these blankets, wrapped in a headband with homemade flower clip. Cute, huh! I thought so.
Aunt Kris has made each of my kids a blanket, and we just treasure them, so I wanted to try my hand at it. This is a smaller version and there are some flaws, but I really enjoyed making them.

2 comments:

Molly said...

Love the blanket and headband idea. I got into making all girly stuff, since I have three girls - then all of my friends have boys! Drats!

PS - if you figure out the whinny problem, LET ME KNOW!! I am hoping it's just a stage, and a short one! Usually it means my kids are lacking on sleep. Good Luck!

The Truman's said...

I hope I have another little girl...at some point when I have another one. Just so you can make me a cute blankie! I love it! :-)