Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Busy Thanksgiving

Well life has been crazy. So here are about two weeks of photos:
 
The kids are getting so excited for Christmas. Eva wore this around for two days straight.


This is Eva's "why can't I go to preschool" face.


 
This snow capped mountain was beautiful. The picture did not do it justice. Now that we've had plenty of snow and freezing cold temps it doesn't seem so splendid.


The kids have been enjoying painting lately.

 
There's my smiley JJ!


 
JJ is so creative, he wanted an oxygen mask, so he taped a cup cake baking cup to his nose. Looks good to me!


 
Eva and Shoomp.
Thanksgiving started off with my Mom's family. I made a turkey and 4 dozen rolls. Later we went to Glen and Maryann's. I bakes 4 Pumpkin Pies for their house. I spend a lot of time in the kitchen. At Glen and Maryann's house Eva fell in love with Chelsey's dog "Shoomp". Shoomp is a good dog, Eva wasn't the afraid of him, thankfully! Usually she gets scared of dogs, and I end up holding her all night. 


 
Congrats to Jeff and Sarah, who were married on Friday!


 There's my boys sledding!


 
Eva LOVES wearing dresses these days, she loved wearing her Christmas dress to church.


 
Monday was decorating day for the Festival of Trees. This year our theme was "Music Making Memories", we did it in honor of my Mom. My Mom is an amazing person, she's had a lot of trials in her life, but she always had music to brighten her day, and she would brighten our day when she'd burst out in song. Our home was filled with music, laughter, and yummy food. Especially at Christmas music takes me back to my childhood, "performing in the ballet", singing Jingle Bells as fast as Barbra Streisand, listening to music as we made countless treats for ALL the neighbors, ect... 
I love you Mom!!!
p.s. our tree was in a bidding war and sold for $1160. which goes to Primary Children's Hospital. 
If you get a chance to go, our tree is located on aisle M #8. Read some of the stories if you get a chance- it's very heartwarming!


 
I've been dying to put up the Christmas tree this year, I think JJ's enthusiasm is wearing off on me. I was excited to get it up.


And finally, many thanks to Lily and Avery for the Advent Calendars, JJ and Eva loved them. JJ said he wanted to sneak another chocolate, I told him I'd know if he did, because a day would be missing. We'll see what happens. Happy December to you all!

1 comment:

Molly said...

How fun!! Very cute idea for the festival of tress and WOW - way to help make some money!! That's a neat tribute to your mom!

I guess I've been away from Utah too long, when I saw the mountain covered in snow, I thought, "That is pretty!" When I saw the boys sledding in the snow, I thought, "SOOOO glad we don't have that!" haha