Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Play, Progress and Perspective.

My Boy!


One afternoon I was driving home, the drivers in front of me were slamming on their breaks, and there were cars pulled off to the side of the road. Well this Golden Eagle was stopping traffic. It was really quite a site, not something that happens every day!


JJ  loves to wave goodbye to his Dad, normally Spencer waves back, but on this day he didn't. JJ was so sad so I took this picture and emailed it to Spencer, it made him feel much better. Bless his heart, he is so sweet, and thoughtful!


My little Eva is growing up so fast, I gave her some crackers, and she counted them 1-2-3. Ah, proud Mommy moment! 


JJ  loves "throwing a party", it consists of blasting his radio, running around the room, and throwing his stuffed animals in the air. One night he told me, "Secretly I'm going to throw a party at night." LOL!


Yesterday was a little cold, but it was dry, so I took the kids to the park. Eva recently learned to pedal her tricycle, JJ enjoyed riding his scooter. 


Tonight I realized I hadn't taken a picture today. I had just been reflecting on a conversation I had with JJ at dinner. I had called the kids "My Most Precious", he asked me what that meant, and I told him that they were my greatest treasures in the world. And as I looked at the desk I thought that, no my house is not perfectly clean, but my children went to bed happy, and loved, and that is more important to me. I thought a lot about my most precious gifts and how terrible it would be to loose them. Summer shared this touching story this week http://jaredandsummer.blogspot.com/2011/01/today-i-watched-new-father-carry-his.html. And in the wee hours of this morning we got an email from Jason about a family in his ward http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=14055644. Reflecting on these events makes me so grateful to have this precious ones in my life, and to treasure them every day!

No comments: