Saturday, October 18, 2008

Evenful...







This week was very eventful, some things more exciting than others. Monday night we carved a pumpkin, that was fun, but Spencer ended up doing it all by himself. JJ doesn't really like to get messy, so he wouldn't help remove the insides of the pumpkin, he only wanted to help cut it. Tuesday I had a dental procedure done called an apicoectomy. What is an apicoectomy?
In this procedure, the endodontist opens the gum tissue near the tooth to see the underlying bone and to remove any inflamed or infected tissue. The very end of the root is also removed. I was out all day- thanks to Shauna for being with the kids! Part of my lip and chin are still numb- I'm not sure that is normal. Wednesday I went to my Mom's house, she's been helping me can food the last few years, she taught me how to can pears- yummy! Thursday the kids and I went to the Scarecrow Festival at Thanksgiving Point. That was so much fun and the weather was perfect. Friday we went to the Fire Station, that was fun- the fire fighters got a call just as our tour was ending, so we got to see them in action- pretty cool. This morning we went up to Snowbird and road the Tram, that was fun, but what I really enjoyed was seeing the fall leaves- so beautiful!!! I thought about a book JJ has called Frederick and how these mice store up food for winter. One of the mice stores up memories and he helped the other mice get through the cold, tough winter by describing to the others what he had seen and felt in the fall. So as we were driving down the canyon I took a picture to remind me.

2 comments:

The Pratts said...

Wow! You did have an eventful weekend! Glad you guys had a great time! I love Thanksgiving Point, we are so close we decided to get a membership so we go quite often. We should make a date of it sometime. Emma loves the Barn Yard and Dino Museum, she would love to take JJ there!

Rina said...

Who's the mountain man?? It's so fun to see your cute fam. (I think our boys are the same age...my little Isaac just turned 3. At the moment I have two 3 year olds--no wonder I'm finding silver strands in my hair. I love them!!! Aren't they fun!
Hope you get feeling better soon.